Welker and Company is pleased to announce that it is searching for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Estate Administrator. If you or someone you know is interested in the job opportunity described below, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company – Welker and Company
The Welker family has been in the personal insolvency industry since 1998. While Peter Welker’s legacy firm flourishes under the Welker and Associates banner in South Western Ontario, Welker and Company serves individuals in the Greater Toronto Area. Our mission is to provide information to individuals burdened by financial difficulty.
At present, Welker and Company is a one man show run by Steven Welker, Trustee in Bankruptcy. Steven is a Chartered Accountant (CA) and Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) with extensive experience in financial services. His past experience includes roles with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, PRISM Partners Inc., and BDO Canada Limited (“BDO”).
The Role – Estate Administrator
Our head office is in need of administrative support of the day-to-day requirements involved with personal bankruptcies and consumer proposals. Depending on the experience of the selected candidate a title of Estate Administrator or Junior Estate Administrator will be awarded. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering all in-bound calls;
- Managing the Trustee’s calendar by scheduling and confirming appointments as well as booking meeting rooms;
- Preparing paperwork for sign-ups;
- Processing paperwork after sign-ups;
- Stopping garnishments;
- Inputting client related data into the Ascend database;
- Processing proofs of claim;
- Reviewing monthly income and expense reports;
- Processing pre-authorized debit receipts;
- Stopping pre-authorized debits;
- Amending payment schedules;
- Following up on NSF payments;
- Daily deposits; and
- Other banking functions.
- Monitoring milestones and following up with overdue debtors;
- Effectively communicating with clients and parties involved with each file;
- Following up with recent callers by telephone;
- Researching topics and writing blog posts;
- Other administrative duties as required;
- Core Competencies:
- Level 1 – Critical:
- Strong attention to detail is critical;
- Strong communication skills (Written & Oral);
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to learn new computer software quickly (Ascend);
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint skills; and
- Ability to establish excellent working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Level 2 – Beneficial:
- Ability to speak another language (Spanish or Tagalog are preferred);
- Ability to prepare personal income tax and HST returns;
- Completion of Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Counselling course; and
- Completion of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Administrators course.
- College diploma (or 3 years of experience in a similar work environment)
- Level 1 – Critical:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will range from $25,000 to $50,000 per annum. Paid training will be provided to the successful applicant, and an opportunity for advancement exists for individuals wishing to improve their skills within the personal insolvency field by completing additional accreditation.
1969 Weston Road, Suite 201, Toronto, ON M9N 1W8 (Near Weston & Lawrence)
The Position Type
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.