You’re not alone. People all over the country are struggling to meet their obligations as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
If you’re currently in a Consumer Proposal, please know:
- You can skip or delay a payment without consequence as long as you make up that payment before the end of your proposal.
- As long as you don’t fall three months behind in your proposal payments, your proposal can continue without issue. If you fall three months behind, your proposal is automatically annulled.
- Even if your proposal is automatically annulled, we can help you revive it by making a payment arrangement within 30 days of when you fell 3 months behind.
- As a last resort, even if it has been more than 30 days since your proposal was annulled, your proposal can be revived, at your sole cost and expense, with the assistance of a lawyer by making application to the court. This typically costs between $1,000 and $1,500.
- If it is impossible for your to continue, or revive your consumer proposal, please call us to discuss the possibility of you filing for bankruptcy. We can help you resolve your debt problems one way or another.
If you’re currently bankrupt, please know:
- As long as you make all of your required payments prior to your discharge date that your discharge will be unaffected and you’ll still finish your bankruptcy on time.
- If you fail to make all of your required payments your discharge from bankruptcy will be opposed. That said, your trustee can apply for an absolute discharge on your behalf once your payments have been made.
The most important thing is to communicate with us so that we can work together while we overcome this pandemic together.
Please direct any payment requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, stay healthy.